- Debride, clean and shape the root canal system.
- Rinse with a NaOCl solution (3.0 to 6.0%).
- Dry well with paper points.
- For use with gutta percha, apply a light coating of MTA Plus (mixed with the gel to a syrupy, stringy consistency) to the canal walls.
- Coat the obturation points with the mixed MTA Plus material and insert in the canal.
- DO NOT OVERFILL the root canals!
- AVOID AIR BUBBLES in the material.
- DO NOT PUMP the gutta percha point in the canal.
- MINIMIZE OVEREXTENSION of the material beyond the apex.
- For complete obturation, gently compact thickly mixed MTA Plus material into the canals.
- Confirm placement of the material in the complete root canal system with a radiograph.
NOTE: For removal in retreatment, use standard mechanical techniques. If only MTA Plus material is used for obturation, use ultrasonic instruments.