- Remove the roof of the pulp chamber and the pulp to the level of the cemento-enamel junction for single rooted teeth, or slightly below this level to identify canal orifices in multi-rooted teeth.
- Apply mixed MTA Plus material
- Remove excess and rinse gently.
- Place a composite material or a glass ionomer restorative material over the MTA Plus, as an interim restoration. Etch the tooth, but not the MTA Plus material. A flowable composite may be placed first, for convenience.
- Assess the pulp vitality at three-month intervals or as needed, and confirm with a radiograph.